Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Worm time




The other day Aubrielle and Benson were upset because their friend, Jonny, had a whole family of worms, and they couldn't catch any. My initial thought was to respond, "Yuck, who would want to play with worms anyway?" But then I remembered back to 1989, in our sand (okay pea gravel) box when Celeste and Justin used to play the same game. They would have the complete family, the mom, dad, brothers, sisters, babies. And then I couldn't resist. Out I went to help dig up worms so that they too could have their own family of worms. They were in heaven. Just look at them with their new "pets".

The best was listening to Aubrielle talk to this worm while I took the picture, (in her high "fake" voice of course) "Okay, mommy's going to take our picture! Okay?!" Too funny. And yes, a day later we still have pet worms, carefully placed in an old cool whip container on the patio. Oh the joy of being a kid and taking delight in such little (and might I add squirmy) things!

6 comments:

Stephanie and Justin Wagner said...

Nobody likes me....everybody hates me....I think i'm gonna catch (oooops I mean eat) some worms! Maybe thats not exactly how it went...but I thought it would be a funny rendition! Although it obviously doesn't apply in this case. I think Steph and I may just need to go worm hunting as well......

Keri said...

Oh, how sweet! I'm not sure if Sydney would like worms because she doesn't like to get her hands dirty, but that's such a cute thing.

Katie L said...

That is so funny! I agree with you -yuck!

Celeste said...

Here's a trick I remember from those days- if you run out of worms, but would like to have more for your collection you can always just split the ones you have in half!

Emily said...

Gross, gross, gross, that's all I have to say about this post, lol.

Stephanie and Justin Wagner said...

"I've got worms!!! You know that's gonna be the name of the store, 'I've got worms'". Name the movie.....