Monday, October 20, 2008

The innocence of children

Oh that I was still a child and had such a simple look on life!

Aubrielle was talking to my younger brother, Tyler, who is 19 years old last Friday night. She had called to inform him that she wanted him to make her a medium red hat, so she can be a ladybug for Halloween, and that he also needed to make Benson a medium black hat so he can be a spider. Anyone who knows Aubrielle and has talked to her on the phone lately will realize how one-sided these conversations are. She had been talking non-stop for about 5 minutes before she finally paused long enough that Tyler could explain he had to go. After she hung up she said, "He said he was shopping with his friends and had to go." "Shopping for what?" Camron asked. She quickly responded, "Probably for Lucy (Celeste's little girl), or maybe for Jaycie." LOL...I'm sure that's what Tyler was shopping for :)

A while ago I was playing basketball with Benson and Aubrielle in our front room with Benson's little tike hoop. Aubrielle started singing, "Hit me with your best shot!" when asking for the basketball. After singing it a few times I decided to branch out a little so I started singing, "Hit me baby one more time!!" To which Benson quickly turned around and exclaimed, "We no hit babies!!"

During another one of our basketball games I was the assigned cheerleader (although Aubrielle was much more impressed with her aunts Lindsey and Celeste when she learned they were REAL cheerleaders, she thought that was quite an accomplishment :). Anyway, I was running out of cheers so I went for a very basic "Go, Fight, Win!" At this point Aubrielle and Benson's gender-characteristics became very apparent. Benson turns around and says, "Fight?!?! No we fight bad guys like this!" (He then proceeds to run and around and "fight" the imaginary bad guys in our front room) Aubrielle however comes over to me, gives me that disappointed mother look and says, "Mom, we don't fight. Maybe I should be in charge of picking the cheers from now on."

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Hilarious!!

Emily said...

These are great, thanks for sharing them with us!!

Aprilyn said...

That Aubrielle cracks me up!! Ya know, I have a CHEER box for my Cub Scout cheers. Maybe that would help you. Hehehehe.

Our Little Family said...

I love how all their stories are so thoughtful! They really think things out, its SO cute! I love how Benson started fighting bad guys! Spencer believes he can take on ANYONE ANYTIME! Ahh boys!

Celeste said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Your kids are hilarious!!! "Maybe I should be in charge of picking the cheers...." wow, lil mommy in training!

Nycole said...

So cute! Those stories totally cracked me up!

Amber said...

ang- I miss ya. your kids are adorable and I love the things that go through their minds...pure innocence! i also think that benson should know that his mama was never the cheerleader type but more of the basketball stud muffin! :) how fun!

Miranda said...

Those made me laugh so hard! You must be doing soemthing right if they're telling you fighting is bad right??? SO funny!