Friday, March 07, 2008

Our current "pet" of choice....

That's right, snails. Yuck. Worms, I can handle, but snails, disgusting.
However the kids are having a great time (and yes, Celeste, this is the infamous Jonny).
And the snails are in great hands. Notice the lovely "house" the kids provided for them.
What is Benson so excited about you ask?....
The fact that his snails know how to skateboard!! (If you look close enough you can see blades of grass, or weeds or something that the sails are "sitting" on. Apparently those are skateboards, and the kids were pretty excited that the snails could "skateboard". )

And notice the small red berries in the picture, those are the snails "apples". I don't think there is a single berry left on any bush in the whole complex. These are definitely some well fed snails.
And besides the fact that mom hates snails, and that they aren't allowed in the house, the kids couldn't be happier. Aubrielle wakes up each morning as happy as a lark (which is highly unusual for a girl with Wagner genes) and says, "I need to check on my snails!!" So cute, yet so gross at the same time, I can't wait until they outgrow the snail stage.....

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ok I am officially grossed out, but you are right it is cute in a VERY odd way. Aubrielle just keeps looking older and older, tell her to stop it!!

Emily said...

Oh and I want you to email the last picture with all 3 kids standing up, it's the only one that won't go big when I click on it :)

deannegalloway said...

Yuck! Luckily Maggie hasn't gotten into that yet but I'm sure it will come. You're a great mom to go along with all the pets. It sounds like you are doing well. I love keeping up with your family on your cute blog! Miss ya!

Rebecca said...

I think that is awesome. As a kid I loved all things gross like that. I think it is so cute that they make the snails eat apples and ride on skateboards!! (I need your email address so I can invite you to read our blog once it goes private. snshnrn@hotmail.com)

Adrienne & Scott said...

They are the CUTEST kids ever! I love their imaginations! The apples crack me up! So cute!